PRÉ-HABILITAÇÃO EM CIRURGIA ONCOLÓGICA: PREPARADOS PARA COMEÇAR?
2. Moreira-Pais A, Ferreira R, Costa VM, Oliveira PA, Duarte JA. The molecular mechanisms involved in doxorubicin-induced skeletal muscle wasting. Rev Port Cir. 2021; (51): 13-22.
3. Ruivo I, Castro C, Gonçalves A, Alves P, Moreira-Gonçalves D, Santos LL. Pre-surgical nutritional status and surgical complications in patients with digestive and head and neck cancer. Rev Port Cir. 2021; (51): 35-44.
4. Santos LL, Castro C, Santos F, Santos CS, Reis J, Antunes P, Martins PC. Post-operative complications in risk surgical patients admitted to the Intermediate Care Unit of Portuguese Institute of Oncology, Porto: relevant information to plan a patient centered care. Rev Port Cir. 2021; (51): 137-142.
5 Kehlet H. Multimodal approach to control postoperative pathophysiology and rehabilitation. Br J Anaesth. 1997;78:606–617
6 Ljungqvist O. ERAS–enhanced recovery after surgery: moving evidence-based perioperative care to practice. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2014;38:559–566
7 Ljungqvist O, Scott M, Fearon KC Enhanced Recovery After Surgery: A Review. JAMA Surg. 2017 Mar 1;152(3):292-298.
8 Hughes MJ, Hackney RJ, Lamb PJ, Wigmore SJ, Christopher Deans DA, Skipworth RJE. Prehabilitation before major abdominal surgery: A systematic review and meta-analysis. World J Surg. 2019; 43(7):1661-1668.
9 Ethun CE, Bilen MA, Jani AB, Maithel SK, Ogan K, Master VA. Frailty and cancer: Implications for oncology surgery, medical oncology, and radiation oncology. CA Cancer J Clin 2017;67:362–377
10 Chen X, Mao G, Leng SX. Frailty syndrome: an overview. Clin Interv Aging. 2014;9:433–441.
11 Rosenberg IH. Summary comments. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 1989 Nov 1;50(5):1231–1233.
12 Cruz-Jentoft AJ, Baeyens JP, Bauer JM, Boirie Y, Cederholm T, Landi F, et al. Sarcopenia: European consensus on definition and diagnosis: Report of the European Working Group on Sarcopenia in Older People. Age and Ageing. 2010 Jul 1;39(4): 412–423
13 Pamoukdjian F, Bouillet T, Lévy V, Soussan M, Zelek L, Paillaud E Prevalence and predictive value of pre-therapeutic sarcopenia in cancer patients: A systematic review. Clin Nutr. 2018 Aug;37(4):1101-1113.
14 van Dijk DP, Bakens MJ, Coolsen MM, Rensen SS, van Dam RM, Bours MJ, Weijenberg MP, Dejong CH, Olde Damink SW Low skeletal muscle radiation attenuation and visceral adiposity are associated with overall survival and surgical site infections in patients with pancreatic cancer. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2017 Apr;8(2):317-326.
15. Kendall F, Silva G, Drummond M, Viana P, Pinho P, Oliveira J, Bastos PT. The predictive role of respiratory muscle function on postoperative pulmonary complications after lung resection. Rev Port Cir. 2021; (51): 63-73.
16. Martins PC, Santos F, Menezes AS, Fernandes A, Santos LL. Surgical risk assessment is crucial to mitigate postoperative complications. Rev Port Cir. 2021; (51): 75-88.
17. Ferreira M, Barreira AL, Sardinha F, Costa J, Rodrigues J, Gonçalves A, Costa PM. Sarcopenia in gastric cancer and body composition changes after gastrectomy. Rev Port Cir. 2021; (51): 23-34.
18 Palmela C, Velho S, Agostinho L, Branco F, Santos M, Santos MP, Oliveira MH, Strecht J, Maio R, Cravo M, Baracos VE. Body Composition as a Prognostic Factor of Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Toxicity and Outcome in Patients with Locally Advanced Gastric Cancer. J Gastric Cancer. 2017 Mar;17(1):74-87
19 Valentim M, Silva P, Pereira A, Vilaça S, Costa C, Martins SF. Impact of visceral obesity on outcomes of periampullary cancer surgery. Rev Port Cir. 2021; (51): 45-52.
20 Velho S, Costa-Santos MP, Cunha C, Agostinho L, Cruz R, Costa F, Garcia M, Oliveira P, Maio R, Baracos VE, Cravo M Body Composition Influences Post-Operative Complications and 90-Day and Overall Survival in Pancreatic Surgery Patients. GE Portuguese Journal of Gastroenterology. DOI: 10.1159/000507206.
21 Joglekar S, N. NP, Mezhir JJ. The Impact of Sarcopenia on Survival and Complications in Surgical Oncology: A Review of the Current Literature. J Surg Oncol. 2015;112(5):503–509.
22 Jones LW, Alfano CM. Exercise-oncology research: Past, present, and future. Acta Oncol (Madr). 2013;52(2):195–215.
23 Cormie P, Zopf EM, Zhang X, Schmitz KH. The impact of exercise on cancer mortality, recurrence, and treatment-related adverse effects. Epidemiol Rev. 2017;39(1):71–92.
24 Antoun S, Raynard B. Muscle protein anabolism in advanced cancer patients: response to protein and amino acids support, and to physical activity. Ann Oncol [Internet]. 2018;29(suppl_2):ii10–7. Available from: https: // academic.oup.com /annonc/ article/29/suppl_2/ii10/4913823
25 Deutz NEP, Safar A, Schutzler S, Memelink R, Ferrando A, Spencer H, et al. Muscle protein synthesis in cancer patients can be stimulated with a specially formulated medical food q. Clin Nutr [Internet]. 2011;30(6):759–768.
26 Cereda E, Turri A, Klersy C, Cappello S, Ferrari A, Filippi AR, et al. Whey protein isolate supplementation improves body composition, muscle strength, and treatment tolerance in malnourished advanced cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Cancer Med. 2019;8(16):6923–6932.
27 Gillis C, Loiselle SE, Fiore JF, Awasthi R, Wykes L, Liberman AS, et al. Prehabilitation with Whey Protein Supplementation on Perioperative Functional Exercise Capacity in Patients Undergoing Colorectal Resection for Cancer: A Pilot Double-Blinded Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial. J Acad Nutr Diet [Internet]. 2016;116(5):802–812.
28 Velho S, Moço S, Cruz R, Agostinho L, Lopes F, Strecht J, et al. Dietary patterns and its relationship to sarcopenia in Portuguese patients with gastrointestinal cancer: An exploratory study. Clin Nutr. 2018;37:S203–204.
29 Zanetti M, Cappellari GG, Barazzoni R, Sanson G. The impact of protein supplementation targeted at improving muscle mass on strength in cancer patients: A scoping review. Nutrients. 2020;12(7):1–16.
30. Teixeira-Oliveira F, Silva G, Santos F, Martins PC, Moreira-Gonçalves D. Prehabilitation and postoperative burden of high-risk cancer patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Rev Port Cir. 2021; (51): 99-114.
31. Cardoso R, Guedes M, Pauli N, Ehrenbrink G, Poças K, Castro C, Santos CS, Schmidt C, Moreira-Gonçalves D. Preoperative physical activity levels and postoperative burden in cancer patients: a prospective observational study. Rev Port Cir. 2021; (51): 53-61.
32. Lages P, Oliveira G, Simões J, Costa PM. The time has come for a community and home-based prehabilitation: narrative of an implementation process. Rev Port Cir. 2021; (51): 115-123.
33. Moreira-Gonçalves D, Fernandes A, Mota CD, Antunes J, Canappele C, Martins PC, Santos F, Cabral S, Castro C, Santos CM, Almeida S, Rodrigues J, Romano O, Fonseca AS, Lages P, Costa PM, Santos LL. A home-based prehabilitation program, delivered through an internet-based platform, in patients with locally advanced gastroesophageal junction and stomach adenocarcinoma, undergoing perioperative chemotherapy: protocol for a feasibility and acceptability study. Rev Port Cir. 2021; (51): 125-135.
34. Ubre M, Martínez-Pallí G. Evolutionary steps in the implementation of a prehabilitation service: from knowledge generation to clinical practice. Rev Port Cir. 2021; (51): 89-98
35 Pedersen BK. Exercise-induced myokines and their role in chronic diseases. Brain Behav Immun [Internet]. 2011;25(5):811–816.
36 Pedersen L, Idorn M, Olofsson GH, Lauenborg B, Nookaew I, Hansen RH, et al. Voluntary running suppresses tumor growth through epinephrine- and IL-6-dependent NK cell mobilization and redistribution. Cell Metab. 2016;23(3):554–562.
Para permitir ao editor a disseminação do trabalho do(s) autor(es) na sua máxima extensão, o(s) autor(es) deverá(ão) assinar uma Declaração de Cedência dos Direitos de Propriedade (Copyright). O acordo de transferência, (Transfer Agreement), transfere a propriedade do artigo do(s) autor(es) para a Sociedade Portuguesa de Cirurgia.
Se o artigo contiver extractos (incluindo ilustrações) de, ou for baseado no todo ou em parte em outros trabalhos com copyright (incluindo, para evitar dúvidas, material de fontes online ou de intranet), o(s) autor(es) tem(êm) de obter, dos proprietários dos respectivos copyrights, autorização escrita para reprodução desses extractos do(s) artigo(s) em todos os territórios e edições e em todos os meios de expressão e línguas. Todas os formulários de autorização devem ser fornecidos aos editores quando da entrega do artigo.